I John 3:18

All original content copyright Jessica Nicole Schafer, 2007-2016.

Thursday, March 13, 2008

EVERYDAY IS DIFFERENT.

IF YOU'VE LOST A LOVED ONE, YOU KNOW THIS PAIN I'M FEELING. THE DAYS ARE DIFFERENT, THE MOMENTS ARE DIFFERENT. AND IT'S NOT SOMETHING YOU CAN CONTROL. THE TEARS, MEMORIES, HOPES, FEELINGS....THEY COME AND GO AS THEY PLEASE. I'VE SAID IT BEFORE, AND I'LL SAY IT AGAIN: THIS WAS NEVER MEANT TO GO THROUGH ALONE. IT'S MUCH TOO HEAVY OF A BURDEN TO CARRY ON YOUR OWN. EVEN AS I TYPE THIS, I HAVE TO REMIND MYSELF OF IT. LET GOD CARRY IT WITH YOU...EVEN IF YOU'RE ANGRY WITH HIM. LET YOUR LOVED ONES HELP YOU THROUGH IT. AND KNOW THAT THERE ARE OTHERS WHO HAVE THIS HURT IN THEIR CHEST THAT TIME WILL NEVER HEAL. ONLY THE DAY YOU SEE YOUR LOVED ONE AGAIN....THAT'S WHAT WILL MAKE IT BETTER.

TODAY'S BEEN TOUGH. I THINK BECAUSE MY HUSBAND'S PARENTS ARE COMING TO VISIT. I GET SO ANGRY AND MAD THAT HE GETS TO SEE HIS MOMMA. I KNOW THESE ARE NORMAL FEELINGS, BUT I HATE HAVING THEM. I GET SO ANGRY BECAUSE MY MOMMA CAN'T COME VISIT US. (THOUGH I KNOW SHE'S REALLY STILL WITH ME) I GET SO SAD. THE SADNESS, AT MOMENTS, IS TOO MUCH TO HANDLE. I'M GLAD MY HUSBAND HAS HIS PARENTS, DON'T GE ME WRONG, BUT IF YOU'VE LOST A PARENT, YOU CAN PROBABLY TOTALLY UNDERSTAND THE FEELINGS I'M HAVING. I WAS SO CLOSE TO HER. AND NOW SHE'S NOT HERE.

PLEASE PRAY FOR ME IF YOU'RE READING THIS. AND NOT ONLY ME, MY FAMILY. AND PLEASE PRAY FOR THOSE THAT YOU KNOW AND DON'T KNOW WHO ARE CARRYING SOMETHING THIS HEAVY.

I FIND COMFORT IN THIS SONG:


Poughkeepsiewords and music: Bergquistrecording: Good Dog Bad Dog

I thought I'd go up Poughkeepsie, look out o'er the Hudson,
and I'd throw my body down on the river.
And I'd know no more sorrow,I'd fly like the sparrow
and I'd ride on the backs of the angels tonight.

I'd ride on the backs of the angels tonight.
I'd take to the sky with all my might.
No more drowning in my sorrow,no more drowning in my fright,
I'd just ride on the backs of the angels tonight.

There are those who know sorrow and those who must borrow
and those whose lot in life is sweet.
Well I'm drunk on self-pity,scorned all that's been given me,
I would drink from a bottle labeled Sure Defeat.

I'd ride on the backs of the angels tonight.
I'd take to the sky with all my might.No more drowning in my sorrow,
no more drowning in my fright,
I'd just ride on the backs of the angels tonight.

Then the skies, they fell open and my eyes were opened
to a world of hope falling at my feet.
Now I've no more or less than anyone else has,
what I have is a gift of life I can't repeat.

So I go up Poughkeepsie, look out o'er the Hudson
and I cast my worries to the sky.
Now I still know sorrow,but I can fly like the sparrow
'cause I ride on the backs of the angels tonight.

I ride on the backs of the angels tonight.
I take to the sky with all their might.
No more drowning in my sorrow,
no more drowning in my fright,
I'll just ride on the backs of the angels each night.

*TAKEN FROM OVERTHERHINE.COM*

No comments: