I John 3:18

All original content copyright Jessica Nicole Schafer, 2007-2016.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Eyes to See and Ears to Hear

DEAR CHURCH,



I left you to do My job.

Why isn’t it getting done?

I left you to fight hatred.

Why are you fighting for it instead?

I left you to take care of the poor.

Why are they still suffering from poverty and hunger?

I left you to take care of the widows.

Why are they all still alone?

I left you to care for the orphan.

Why do they still feel unloved?

I left you to love the unlovable.

Why are you hating them?

I left you to embrace the outsider.

Why are they being cast aside?

I left you to encourage.

Why do you discourage?

I left you to do justice for the oppressed.

Why do you judge them instead?

I left you a world to care for.

Why are you destroying it?

I left you to live out My Gospel.

Why do you twist My words for your own personal/political gain?

I left you to usher in My Kingdom.

Why do you choose to usher in your own?

I left you with knowing that the love of money is evil.

Why do you choose to love it more than Me?

I left you to love your enemies.

Why do you rip them apart instead?

I left you to be united.

Why are you divided?

I left you to spread hope.

Why do you spread despair?

I left you to forgive one another.

Why do you harbor bitterness?

I left you to seek wisdom.

Why do you settle for ignorance?

I left you to be faithful to me and one another.

Why do you betray instead?

I left you to be truth for one another.

Why do you spread lies?

I left you my Holy Spirit.

Why do you constantly squelch it?

I left you in knowing that love conquers all.

Why do you hate in your words, actions, and inactions?

I left you to be My hands and feet.

Why are you sitting down?

I left you to be a light.

Why are you known for darkness?


I left you….yet I am still with you. I created you in My image. I still believe you will do the right thing. Go, and do it.


Signed,

A Broken Heart



by: Jessica Nicole Schafer
July 21, 2010

No comments: