I John 3:18

All original content copyright Jessica Nicole Schafer, 2007-2016.

Sunday, February 15, 2009

*THAT'S WHAT I GET!!! THIS MORNING I DIDN'T GET UP BEFORE DYLAN. FOR SOME REASON (MAYBE BECAUSE MY HUSBAND AND I HARDLY GET TO SEE EACH OTHER...) WE BOTH STAYED UP UNTIL ABOUT 2:00A.M. I KNOW, THAT'S SOOOOOOOO LATE FOR US. WE USUALLY TRY TO STEAL SOME MOMENTS TOGETHER EACH NIGHT SINCE IT'S OUR ONLY "ALONE TIME". WELL, THAT CAUGHT UP WITH ME WHEN I WAS AWAKENED BY MY HANDSOME LIL' BEAN....WHOSE FINGERS WERE COVERED IN GREEN, AND HAD TRACES OF GREEN ALL OVER HIS PRECIOUS LIL' LIPS.......HE DECIDED THAT SINCE MOMMA WASN'T UP, HE MIGHT AS WELL LIVE IT UP AND DIVE INTO THE COOL SUPERMAN EASTER BASKET THAT MY FRIEND GOT HIM AS A GIFT LAST NIGHT. AND YES, THAT BASKET WAS LOADED WITH ALL KINDS OF SUGARY THINGS, MOST OF WHICH DYLAN HAS NEVER TRIED. WELL, IT WAS TOO GOOD TO RESIST. HE OPENED UP THAT LITTLE PACKAGE TITLED "FUN DIPS" AND WENT TO TOWN ON THAT GREEN COLORED SUGAR. SO, THAT'S WHAT I GET FOR NOT GETTING UP OUT OF BED WHEN I SHOULD'VE!!!



*I ALSO THINK THAT WHEN DYLAN TURNED FOUR A FEW MONTHS AGO THE LORD IMPLANTED HIM WITH A MILLION TIMES MORE TESTOSTERONE. HE'S JUST FULL OF "BOY" IDEAS ALL THE TIME. IT'S QUITE CUTE. AND HE ALWAYS TELLS ME I'M PRETTY. IT'S CUTE HOW HE THINKS THAT.....BECAUSE USUALLY I DON'T!!!!



*MY SWEET HUSBAND HAD BEEN ASKING ME FOR WEEKS WHAT I WANTED FOR VALENTINE'S DAY. BEFORE THAT, HE HAD BEEN TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT I WANTED FOR CHRISTMAS. QUITE HONESTLY, I CAN'T THINK OF THINGS I WANT. LOSING MY SWEET MOMMA LAST CHRISTMAS JUST MADE ME LOOK AT LIFE SO MUCH DIFFERENTLY. ALL THE THINGS HERE, WONDERFUL AS THEY MAY BE, HAVE LOST A LOT OF MEANING TO ME. THAT'S WHY I COULDN'T THINK OF ANY "THING" THAT I WANTED AS A GIFT, FOR EITHER HOLIDAY. HONESTLY, I JUST WANT COMFORT. I WANT HEALING. I WANT TO CHERISH THE LIFE GOD'S GIVEN ME AND MY FAMILY. I WANT TO REMEMBER THE YEARS WE HAD WITH HER. I WANT TO KEEP GOING FORWARD AND GROW OUR FAMILY. I WANT TO CHERISH THESE MOMENTS, BECAUSE I HAVE SEEN FIRST HAND HOW PRECIOUS OUR TIME IS HERE. PEOPLE SAY THAT, AND I EVEN USED TO HEAR IT, BUT IT'S SO TRUE. THINGS GET LOST. THINGS GET BROKEN. THINGS GET STOLEN. THINGS GET TAKEN AWAY. THINGS DON'T LAST. AND THINGS ARE SO EASILY REPLACED. NONE OF THOSE FACTS ARE TRUE OF OUR LOVED ONES. CHERISH YOUR LOVED ONES. DON'T TAKE THEM FOR GRANTED, AND DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT THEM.



"DO NOT STORE UP FOR YOURSELVES TREASURES ON EARTH, WHERE MOTH AND RUST DESTROY, AND WHERE THIEVES BREAK IN AND STEAL. BUT STORE UP FOR YOURSELVES TREASURES IN HEAVEN, WHERE NEITHER MOTH NOR RUST DESTROYS, AND WHERE THIEVES DO NOT BREAK IN OR STEAL; FOR WHERE YOUR TREASURE IS, THERE YOUR HEART WILL BE ALSO." -MATTHEW 6:19-21-

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

So, I don't know exactly how YOU feel, but I know I'm trying to treasure every moment with Ben and Eli. I didn't get anything for V-Day this year - and for the first time in my life, I wasn't upset about it. :) I'm happy to have Ben and Eli. What more could I want? No "thing" really compares.

How does your hubby like his new bed? I'm glad that giant can straighten out his legs now!

Um, I love that Dylan got into the candy! We willingly feed Eli junk food. Bad parents! I have to say that Ben started it though. I keep telling him we're going to give Eli juvenile onset diabetes. Is having your first coke at 14 months too soon? Not that we did that or anything. I was just checking.

Hephzibah said...

how can you be surprised that YOUR son tells you that you're pretty all the time...ever since he was born you have been telling him to "tell momma she is pretty, or ill spank that lil bottom!"

Unknown said...

You know, that child cant lie! He's just telling it like he see's it!

And on the "things" I sooooo know how you feel! I havent wanted "things" for about 9 years now. I cant believe its been 9 years! I guess I've always wanted things to be right again. Adjusting to a new "right" is difficult. :) Hugs to you.

Krystle said...

i love this post. if i could have one gift it would be to just stop time. i don't want my kids to grow up. i beg them about twice a day to please stay small. i guess that's what makes this time sweeter is the fact that it is so short. it's all so short:(